Topical Resources Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08072582 and our registered address is at 2 Downing Court, Woodplumpton Lane, Broughton, Preston, England PR3 5JJ. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), we are the “data controller” and we have notified the Information Commissioner’s Office that we process personal data (under Z9110039).
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect, process and store the following data about you:
- information that you or other people provide by email, correspondence or by filling in forms on our Website, including ordering products from us;
- payment information, such as credit card or bank account information given to us;
- delivery and billing address information given to us;
- details of your visits to our Website, including the website that you visited us from and the website that you proceed to from our Website and your IP address; and/or
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence e.g. we will keep a record of when you report a problem with our Website or products and services.
How do we use and share your information?
We will never sell your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party without your permission, but we cannot be responsible or held liable for the actions of third party sites from which you may have linked or been directed to our Website.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to fulfil all our agreements with you and to process your orders and obtain payment;
- to administer our Website services;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our Website Terms and Conditions;
- your personal information may be passed on to third parties only to process a payment transaction or process a business transaction with our partners;
- to provide you with marketing information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes for example, we may use your contact details to send you information on special offers;
Information provided to us is subject to confidentiality and will not be disclosed without your prior consent to any third party, other than to any employee or member of the company for the purpose of providing you with the goods and/or services you require, or to comply with any applicable laws or lawful government and/or regulatory requests.
3. Your rights
You have the right to opt out of marketing contact at any time, please let us know by writing to us at the above address or by using our Website contact form. If you would like us to change the method of communication you may contact us at the same address.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
4. How we protect your information
The information you provide to us will be stored and processed on servers based within the United Kingdom but we reserve the right to store the data on carefully selected portable devices, in paper files, and to transfer data abroad.
Our Website uses “cookies”, which are small, text files that are stored on your computer that can be retrieved to assist in customising your experience with the online service. The information saved supports the functionality of the Website, for example by keeping the goods you order in your shopping basket. It is necessary to accept cookies in order to use these services.
During some processes, data is temporarily stored as you move from step to step. This is only done in order to improve your experience of the Website, and is only stored for as long as is necessary for you to complete the process. For example, remembering the goods you place in your shopping basket until you finish the checkout process. All other cookies will expire in three weeks.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or use our shopping cart.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region)
You may block cookies. However, this may result in limited functionality and you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be sent to us using the contact form, or write to us at Topical Resources, 2 Downing Court, Woodplumpton Lane, Broughton, Preston, England PR3 5JJ.