KS2 Weekly Spelling Lists
- First part of book matches the ‘Letters and Sounds Six – Phase Teaching Programme’.
Phases 7 to 18 created for Spelling Groups to progress through KS2.
- Four words following a specific rule introduced most weeks.
- Two words from the relevant Y3/4 or Y5/6 word list to learn most weeks.
- Concepts of spelling include: suffixes; prefixes; the use of the hyphen; the possessive apostrophe with plural words; contractions and other carefully organised words for revision.
- Diagnostic test directs groups/individuals to correct phase.
Extension lists for gifted and talented pupils.
Assessment tests provided for High Frequency Words.
- Can be used with existing Revision and Extension Spelling Activity Books.